The Office of the Solomon Islands Electoral Commission in its preparation towards the By-Election for Vuhokesa Ward, Honiara City Council is seeking to recruit temporary Election polling officials to work as Presiding officers, Polling Assistants and Queue controllers:
4 x Presiding Officer
8 Polling Assistants
8 x Queue controllers
Qualification/Experience/Skills & Other Requirements
- Secondary School Leave Certificate or Tertiary qualification in any relevant field
- Have past experience in electoral work
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and comply with the Electoral Act and approved policy
- Good knowledge of the Constituency/local community of application
- Physically and medically fit to work under pressure and able to wear PPEs if Covid19 case in Solomon Islands
- Must be neutral – no political affiliations with candidates or political groupings of any kind.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated.
Details on the duties of the position can be obtained from the Solomon Islands Electoral Office, Vavaya ridge or see provided link below. The closing date for applications, 19th May 2022.
All applications to be addressed to;
The Corporate Service Manager,
Solomon Islands Electoral Office,
PO. Box, 1500, Honiara.
Please hand delivered applications to the Solomon Islands Electoral Office, Vavaya Ridge.
For all queries about the application process or the positions please contact SIEC Cooperate
Name: David Tony Vatran or Joy Manu
Phone: 21198 or email; DTony@siec.gov.sb or JManu@siec.gov.sb
The Office of the Electoral Commission upholds the requirement of Equal Employment Opportunity therefore Both men and women are encouraged to apply.