The Solomon Islands Electoral Office in its preparation towards the By-Elections is seeking to recruit temporary Election Polling officials for the Central Honiara and North East Guadalcanal Constituency By- Elections on the 18 November 2020.
Positions – Central Honiara Constituency
36 x Presiding Officer (1 for each polling station)
72 x Polling Assistant (2 for each polling Station)
36 x Queue Controllers (1 for each polling Station)
Positions- Northeast Guadalcanal Constituency
19 x Presiding Officer (1 for Each Polling station)
38 x Polling Assistant (2 for each Polling Station)
19 x Queue Controllers (1 for each polling station)
Qualification/Experience/Skills & Other Requirements
- Secondary School Leave Certificate or Tertiary qualification in any relevant field
- Have past experience in electoral work
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and comply with the Electoral Act and approved policy
- Good knowledge of the Constituency/local community of application
- Physically and medically fit to work under pressure and able to wear health PPEs
- Must be neutral – no political affiliations with candidates or political groupings of any kind.
Full details on the duties of the position “TORs” and Application Form can be obtained from:
- Central Honiara Constituency - from the Central Honiara Election Administration Office, Old IPAM Building, Honiara.
For Central Honiara, all applications to be addressed: “The Election Manager, Central Honiara Election Administration Office, Old IPAM Building, Central Honiara Constituency Election Administration Office, Town Ground.
Queries be directed to the Central Honiara Election Administration Office on Mobile Phone: (677 7158173), or email; Lorna Rosemary Pitakaji- email@example.com .
- North East Guadalcanal Constituency - from the North East Guadalcanal Election Administration Office, GP HQ Building, Ritaleven, Honiara.
For North East Guadalcanal all applications to be addressed: “The Election Manager North East Guadalcanal Election Administration Office, Guadalcanal Provincial Headquarter, Ritaleven.
Queries be directed to the North East Guadalcanal Election Administration Office, Guadalcanal Provincial Headquarter Building, Ritaleven, on Mobile Phone: (677 7488803), or email; Emmanuelle Peter Mangalle- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access Facebook page @SIelectoralcommission
Polling Officials Application Form
Job Description: Presiding Officer
Job Description: Polling Assistant
Job Description: Queue Controller
Please provide Curriculum Vitae, a Cover Letter. Selected applicants must be available for training
The closing date for applications is 4:30pm, 22nd October 2020.
The Solomon Islands Electoral Commission upholds the requirement of Equal Employment Opportunity therefore, Women are encouraged to apply.