A voter or candidate may file an election petition with the High Court, to complain of an undue return or undue election. An election petition is heard in open court. The Court may summarily dismiss a petition if the Judge considers that there are insufficient grounds for the petition. A petition must be submitted within one month after the publication of the official results of the election. A decision of the High Court on an election petition is final, and cannot be challenged on appeal.

Learn more about

 Election Offences